Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Masterpiece Portfolios



It was an honor to attend the portfolio showcase. I had a lot of work to do and studying to do for finals but I still took some time out to attend. I got a chance to see some of the awesome work my peers have done. I am right about to start my portfolio so it was a perfect time to get ideas. The idea of making a portfolio is daunting and overwhelming but I will take it one step at a time and I am sure I will do well with it. It was also nice to converse with some of Cortland’s elite. I congratulated them on how nice their portfolios were and all their work that went into them. I was able to pick their brains a little about their time at Cortland. It is always good to be surrounded by people who are passionate about physical education because it rubs off and makes me more passionate. It also gave me a different perspective on where I am at because they are all about to go out to student teach and were sad that they are leaving Cortland. It is only my first semester here but I could imagine being involved and living at a place for years, there is bound to be an attachment forms. It was nice how they were all dressed up and looked so professional. I was able to flip through some of the portfolios page by page and get an idea of the format. I also got a good glimpse at what awaits me down the road. I saw a lot of their work from the 300 and 400 level classes. I was able to talk to them about their experiences and what it took to build such an amazing portfolio. I was also able to talk to a personal friend Brandon Herwich who is in the picture with me. Some of the activities that he was involved with are amazing. He is truly inspiring and a great role model for PE. It got me thinking of things that I could do to help build on my portfolio. It was a great experience to be a part of and I am glad I got a chance to attend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment